Friday, December 31, 2010

Adios 2010!!

We’re in the final stretch toward the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011. I’m preparing for the year ahead but first reflecting on the past year. My memories are bringing a smile to my face, as I’m very happy about it. It was a good, no, GREAT year! Does that mean everything went according to my plan? No, not at all. But I didn’t “struggle” like I use to. Instead I chose to flow with life enjoying some plans as they flourished and rolling with the bumps that I had to endure. Life doesn’t promise perfection but we can choose to have a positive outlook, a perspective that sees opportunity and the bounce back of a champion!

I am examining my heart and thoughts and experiences of 2010 trying to nail down the biggest lesson I learned this year was and I’d have to say it was fierce resiliency.


Resilience:

1. The power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.

2. Ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.

Isn’t that a powerful word? Not only did resiliency breed a fierce fighter within me, it also gave me a deeper sense of humility and empathy toward others who have or are trying to bounce back. It leaves little room for judgment but a heart full of compassion for my fellow fighters. It’s not always easy to stand up under the weight of difficulties so I applaud all who decide to continue to fight for good in their lives. And since we’re all humans with strengths and weaknesses, triumphs and setbacks, successes and failures, we might as well push through it all and come out better, wiser, kinder, resilient human beings.

Here’s to an amazing 2010 with all of its well-earned life lessons and looking toward 2011 with hope, possibilities, courage, learning, growth and love.

Peace, Love & Light!



“Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.” – Bern Williams

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment