Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Last-Minute Adventure!!

I talk a lot about venturing out into the unknown. Life is short. To spend your life passionless, disconnected and rehearsing old issues is a sad existence. Especially when we have the power to choose something different. Christmas for me has been difficult because it’s when my sister passed away. I dread seeing it coming and became a bit of a hermit Scrooge. But I decided I needed to make new memories of this time of year. And this year was spectacular. I took a last-minute trip to San Francisco with a friend and spent the holiday in the most unconventional way, at least compared to my traditions. No Christmas trees, no nativity scenes, no gifts to wrap and unwrap (not that anything is wrong with that). Instead I saw a side of the country that I’ve wanted to move to for some time.
Enjoyed delightful conversation, laughed like a kid, nibbled on great food and tasted delicious wines. This year I celebrated by being present and in the moment of something new. I learned a lot about myself and welcomed the enlightenment. It was a power-full choice. I continue to express gratitude for the opportunity to really LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment