Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet Potato Breakfast: 2 Way Experiment

I had a few sweet potatoes in the fridge and wanted to have some for breakfast. But I'd didn't want sweet potato pancakes nor baked sweet potatoes. So I tried a couple of things: Savory & Sweet!

Ingredients:
1 large peeled and grated sweet potato (only a portion shown here)
1 quarter grated red onion
1 grated Gala apple
Salt
Pepper
Cinnamon
Honey
Olive Oil



Savory:
Heated olive oil in a pan
Added half of the grated sweet potato and all of the red onion
Seasoned with salt and pepper
I sorta scrambled in the pan for a minute or so and then formed 3 patties, pressing with spatula.

After it cooked for about 3 minutes on one side I turned over for another 2 min.

Voila!! Done!!

And it was absolutely YUM!!!!!!!!

Sweet:
Heated olive oil in a pan
Added half of the grated sweet potato and all of the apple
Seasoned with cinnamon and honey
I scrambled in the pan for a minute until tender. (I couldn't get the patty shape to take because of the juice of the apple....I think.)

So I served it loosely scrambled. It was good but could have been better. Perhaps I'll try to bake the "Sweet" and add granola and raisins next time.

Score:
Sweet 2 Yums!!
Savory 5 Yums!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment